Date: Tuesday, July 13, 2021
Time: 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Price: $30 for members | $40 for future members | $25 for students
Location: Dave and Buster’s, 13499 S Cleveland Ave Ste 400, Fort Myers, FL 33907 (in Bell Tower Shops)
Registration: Registration will close Friday, July 9
A crisis hitting your organization is scary. Even scarier? Not being ready to effectively communicate about it. A 2021 PWC study found that 69% of leaders experienced at least one corporate crisis between 2014 and 2019, but only 45% had a crisis communication plan to help guide them through various scenarios. And, 95 percent said their crisis prep needs improvement.
Don’t be that 45%.
Every communicator needs to be prepared for anything. While you can’t anticipate what happens, you can gain the basic skills and best practices to help you and your organization communicate through a crisis, no matter what that crisis is.
This tabletop event will include a small-group setup, led by crisis communications experts from a variety of industries:
- Mary Briggs, APR, CPRC, System Director, Marketing and Brand Management, Lee Health
- Betsy Clayton, APR, CPRC, Director of Communications, Lee County Government
- Vicki Moreland, Chief Communications and Marketing Officer, Lee County Port Authority
- Trish Robertson, APR, CPRC, Communications Officer, Collier County Supervisor of Elections
- Jessica Walker, APR, CPRC, Marketing and Public Relations Manager, Markham Norton Mosteller Wright & Company
You’ll tackle real-life scenarios any PR professional could be faced with in their careers and leave with takeaways on how your next crisis doesn’t have to be a disaster.
Who should attend?
– Experienced PR professionals looking to expand their crisis PR knowledge
– Professionals new to the field and ready to get started on the right path to effective PR planning and response
– Anyone unsure of where to start with creating a crisis communications response plan for your organization