- November 7, 2019
8:00 am - 12:00 pm
Date: Thursday, November 7, 2019
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (Registration and networking from 8-8:30 a.m.)
Price: $30 per person | $25 for students (includes breakfast)
Location: Holiday Inn Fort Myers Airport at Town Center
9931 Interstate Commerce Dr, Fort Myers, FL 33913
Note: Registration closes on Monday, Nov. 4. All walk-ins will be charged an additional $10 convenience fee.
About the Program:
FPRA’s annual Nonprofit Day is an opportunity for Southwest Florida’s philanthropic organizations – and those interested in learning more about SWFL’s charity landscape – to gather and learn from local industry experts on topics to enhance your community reach and impact.
While your organization likely gets a boost in interest during the “holiday season” between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day, fundraising happens year-round. Nonprofit Day will provide tools on how to extend the giving feeling year-round and combat challenges such as donor fatigue, communication issues and ever-changing tax laws.
This year’s Nonprofit Day theme, “The Giving Season,” will focus on providing attendees usable information on how to enhance current campaigns and leverage holiday public relations for the rest of the year.
· Eric Anderson, Communications and Social Media Coordinator, The Salvation Army
· Julio Barina, CPA, Tax Manager, Markham Norton Mosteller Wright & Company, P.A
· Duane Higgins, Director of Development, Lee Health Foundation
· Jill Palmer, Executive Director, American Red Cross Florida’s Southern Gulf Chapter
Who Should Attend:
· Nonprofit PR, marketing and development professionals looking to learn from our region’s pros how to overcome challenges now and into the future
· Nonprofit professionals looking to learn more about the best ways to communicate with their audiences, whether you’ve got a PR professional on staff or you’re a one-person show
· Development and nonprofit experts looking to network with others in the profession
· PR professionals looking to learn more about development and fundraising, and how PR skills apply to these fields
Attendees will head back to the office with case studies, takeaways and practical tips from our regional experts on topics including:
· The Business of Nonprofits
· Reaching Members and Volunteers
· Diversifying Your Donor Base
Thank you to our event sponsors