Rise & Shine – Earn the Spotlight with Media Insight
Date: Friday, June 3, 2022
Time: 8:30-9 a.m. registration, breakfast and networking; program 9-11:30 a.m.
Location: Shangri-La Springs 27750 Old 41 Rd, Bonita Springs, FL 34135
Registration cost: $45 members (FPRA & PRSA Members), $60 future members, $25 students. Registration includes breakfast.
The annual Media Breakfast event brings local media representatives, past and present, center stage for informative conversations, insightful presentations and an insider’s look at the ever-evolving media industry.
For the second year in a row, this event will be co-hosted by the Southwest Florida Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association and the Gulf Coast Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America.
This year’s event, “Rise & Shine – Earn the Spotlight with Media Insight,” will offer a series of segments that cover media relations from every angle so attendees will leave ready to capture the media’s attention.
Open to the public, Media Breakfast provides seasoned and young professionals, business owners, and anyone who’s looking to strengthen their media relations efforts, an opportunity to mingle with the media and ask the questions everyone wants to know about earning coverage.
Who should attend:
- PR professionals looking to grow their relationships with some of Southwest Florida’s premiere media members
- Anyone looking to learn how to leverage earned media as part of PR and marketing strategy
- PR professionals of any experience level who want to fine-tune the skills needed to successfully build relationships with the media
- Judd Cribbs, Journalism Professor at Florida Gulf Coast University
- Katie Cribbs, Public Relations Specialist at Habitat for Humanity of Lee and Hendry Counties
- Devin Turk, Creative Services Manager at Lee Health
- Darrel Lieze-Adams, Vice President and Station Manager at Waterman Broadcasting of Florida
- Wendy Fullerton Powell, Executive Editor at Naples Daily News
- John Davis, Assistant News Director, Gulf Coast Live Arts Edition Host, Producer and Reporter at WGCU Public Media
- Jacob Ogles, Editor at Southwest Florida Business Today
- Eric Strachan, Editor at Naples Florida Weekly
- Jim Schwartzel, Owner and Publisher at Wink News, Gulfshore Business and Gulfshore Life
Media Breakfast 2022
June 3, 2022
8:30 am - 11:30 am