“Climbing the PR Ladder”
This year’s PR University theme, “Climbing the PR Ladder,” focuses on developing and enhancing skills in public relations and marketing, as guest speakers offer their expertise in strategic planning, social media and engagement, conflict management, diversity, focus and motivation, and more.
The lineup of speakers and their topics include:
- The Five W’s of Research with Lynn Schneider, APR, CPR, director of marketing and business development for Park Royal Hospital
- How to Reach the Hispanic Market, Demographics and Market Trends with Mayela Rosales, executive vice president of Media Vista Group, LLC
- How To Manage Conflict and Avoid Unhappy Clients with Keith Grossman, attorney and Family and Circuit Civil mediator by the Florida Supreme Court of Florida
- Fully Engaged with Chief Stephanie Spell, member of Sheriff Kevin Rambosk’s executive command staff
- Storytelling Marketing: How to ethically persuade with the written word with Erik Stafford, creative director at ISOOSI Marketing Agency
- Picasso & PR: Career Lessons from the Master with Susan Bennett, APR, CPRC, president of Susan Bennett Marketing & Media
- The Power of Focus: How Changing One Thing in Your Life Changes Everything with David Essel, M.S.
The seminar will begin at 8 a.m. with registration and a continental breakfast followed by each speaker’s 45-minute presentation and a networking opportunity. Lunch and refreshments will also be served.
Early registration for the event is $70 for FPRA and Public Relations Society of America members and $95 for nonmembers if registered by Sept. 19. Prices will increase to $95 for FPRA and PRSA members and $125 for nonmembers after Sept. 19. All students will be $35 each.
Anyone attending an FPRA or PRSA luncheon prior to the PRU seminar may enter into a raffle drawing for free entrance to the event. Raffle tickets are $5 each.
Sponsorship opportunities for the event are now available from $250 to $1,000. Student sponsorships will also be available for $35 each for those interested in sponsoring a student to partake in the full-day seminar. For more information or to become a sponsor, contact co-chairs Angeli Chin at 239-313-3995 or [email protected], or Kylee Pitts at 239-293-1110 or [email protected].
- October 10, 2014
8:00 am - 5:00 pm