Date: Friday, February 21, 2020
Time: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m
Location: Florida Southwestern State College
Building U, Room 102 (U-102)
8099 College Parkway, Ft. Myers, FL 33919
Registration: $99 members | $129 future members | $65 students (includes all presentations, breakfast and lunch)
About the Program:
Public Relations University is an annual full-day professional development seminar that brings some of the best PR and communication practitioners from around the state and even across the nation to examine trends in the changing market and the fusion of new media with traditional communication elements.
Media Intelligence Explained
Presented by: Ana Hoyos, Area Director, Southeast US and Latin America at Meltwater | View Ana’s Bio.
- Understand public perception at all times
- Monitor campaign progress
- Counter any potentially damaging narratives
Beyond the Press Release and Hashtag – PR and Social Media Integration
Presented by: Kristin McClement, Director, Public Relations and Social Marketing, Intimates Group of Chico’s FAS, Inc. | View Kristin’s Bio
The Age of the Influencer – How to navigate this newer digital landscape to benefit your business and clients
Presented by: Alyson Seligman, Owner/President at SBS Agency | View Alyson’s Bio
- Why work with an influencer
- How to work with influencers (including which are right for your business, – understanding your and their demographics/target market, etc)
- Best practices working with influencers
From ‘The Jetsons’ to ‘The Flintstones’ – Communications Strategies for a Cyber Event
Betsy Clayton, APR, CPRC, Director of Communications at Lee County Government | View Betsy’s Bio
Ashley Mason, Director of Innovation and Technology at Lee County Government | View Ashley’s Bio
- Bridging the gap between what you can say and cannot say during a cyber event
- Internal messaging
- Media relations and transparency limitations
The Power of Presence
Presented by: Breanne Winter, CEO and Training Specialist at Speak Up Consulting & Coaching | View Breanne’s Bio
- Discover the role of perception in presence
- Learn how to read a PR situation and adapt accordingly in the moment
- Gain professional presence in your communication via verbal, nonverbal and written channels
Strategically Aimed Marketing
Presented by: Lonny Kocina, CEO at Media Relations, Inc. | View Lonny’s Bio.
Additional speakers presenting at PRU include:
- Mary Briggs, APR, CPRC, Systems Director, Strategic Communications & Public Relations at Lee Health | View Mary’s Bio.
Check back often for updates on our presentation topics.
Who Should Attend:
The conference is open to the public! Business leaders and emerging professionals will gain clarity and insight into today’s changing marketplace and be provided with real-world tools that PR, marketing, and communication professionals can apply to their daily work experiences. Whether you are just beginning your career or are a seasoned professional, this year’s PRU has something for everyone.
- Seasoned professionals
- Young professionals
- Business owners
- Non-PR professionals – Anyone who has to communicate with internal or external customers will benefit from the seminar.
Sponsorship opportunities are available for this event.
For more information, click the button below.