Scroll to see all posted job openings. Jobs will remain on site for 90 days from posting date, or until we receive information that a position is filled, whichever comes first.
Hiring? Email job postings to [email protected] with “Job Bank Submission” in the subject line to be featured. Word document preferred. Be sure to include the full job description and application instructions. Roles must be located in Southwest Florida for opportunities in public relations, marketing, communications and related fields.
Marketing and PR Assistant – Millennium Physician Group, Fort Myers, FL
About Millennium Physician Group
Formed in 2008, Millennium Physician Group has grown into one of the largest comprehensive primary care practices with providers located throughout Florida. With corporate headquarters in Fort Myers, Florida, Millennium Physician Group consists of primary care offices, Imaging Centers, Lab Services, Physical Therapy and Wellness Programs. We also have a number of administrative departments supporting our medical offices, such as Quality Assurance, ACO, Business Services, Coding ACO, IT, Human Resources and more.
If you are interested in joining an organization that puts an emphasis on team work and family, then Millennium Physician Group is the right choice.
Highly organized and efficient yet fun and creative, Millennium Physician Group’s next marketing and public relations assistant plays a central role in helping keep the marketing and PR functions running smoothly by supporting the team’s day-to-day activities. This role works closely with the marketing manager and other members of the team to carry out tasks related to the department’s overall goals. Our ideal marketing and PR assistant will be a versatile, quick study just as enthusiastic about brainstorming the next big campaign as they are about knocking tasks off the departmental to-do list.
Whether you have experience with administrative support or are looking to get your start in the communication field, we want to hear from you. This is an exciting opportunity with one of the leading companies in healthcare. An outgoing and pleasant personality to occasionally represent the brand within the community is also desired.
Required Knowledge and Experience:
Associate degree or 1-2 years of experience in lieu of degree. Outlook, Mac and PC Microsoft Office Suite Experience. Experience with digital asset and project management systems, website optimization and various accounting systems. Bilingual and healthcare experience a plus.
This position earns competitive compensation plus a full benefits package including 401(k) with match and 3 weeks of PTO! We also offer opportunities for growth, as well as a great team atmosphere that empowers you to seek better ways to deliver service and take ownership of outcomes in providing quality service and support.
For a full job description and to apply, visit https://millenniumphysician.applicantpro.com/jobs/2429199.html
Golden Retriever Rescue of Southwest Florida seeks a dog lover with computer/web proficiency to join its volunteer team. A few hours a month may be all that is needed from someone whose capabilities are a few steps above Facebook posts and email blasts. Help with using (and fixing) donate buttons, devising a system for collecting donor data and solving related challenges would make you a hero. The benefits are terrific – all the Golden hugs and kisses you can handle and knowing you are part of an all-volunteer organization that is doing amazing work finding exceptional forever homes for rescued Goldens who are homeless, abandoned in shelters or surrendered by their owners, often for medical reasons.
If you are interested, please contact Cliff Smith at 239-823-3142 or [email protected].
Assistant to Director Public Relations – LCEC, North Fort Myers, FL
Under the direction of the Director of Public Relations, this position is responsible for assuring essential, responsive, and comprehensive service to the Director of Public Relations and Public Relations Department. The main focus areas for this position are administrative office management, budget management, PR accounting, vendor and advertising agreements, community outreach support, and process improvement.
About our organization:
LCEC provides reliable, cost-competitive electricity to more than 230,000 customers throughout a five county service territory located in Southwest Florida. We employ approximately 400 skilled employees and are one of more than 830 electric distribution cooperatives located throughout the United States. LCEC has been recognized locally and statewide as an industry leader and continually receives acknowledgment for the work that our employees do in the community along with other civic, environmental and professional honors.
Company website – LCEC.net
Social Media – @LCECSWFL
To apply and view full job description, applicants must visit our career page- https://jobs.silkroad.com/LCEC/careers/jobs/348
Communication Specialist – Pushing the Envelope, Fort Myers, FL
The Communication Specialist will develop and execute strategic communication plans and efforts and marketing programs for the firm and its clients. They will work directly with the President (lead PR counsel), Client Relations and Marketing Specialist (CRMS), and the rest of the team.
The full-time Communication Specialist will be responsible for public relations strategy and implementation including news release production and distribution, community relations, media relations, etc. for the firm and its clients. They will also aid CRMS in marketing strategy creation, research, and implementation efforts. The Communication Specialist must be capable of owning their work and effectively collaborating with other team members to ensure a cohesive, integrated deliverable and results for clients.
An ideal candidate has experience developing and implementing communication strategies involving publicity, community relations, and marketing such as media relations, community engagement and audience development, and brand positioning. They must be passionate about communication and marketing, ethical, highly organized with an acute attention to detail, a problem-solver by nature, a skilled writer, instinctively proactive and creative. They must be a team player who openly communicates status updates, ideas, and/or needs.
- Collaborate with President to define the firm’s and clients’ public relations goals; develop and implement strategies accordingly
- Research and produce communication strategies for the firm and its clients – overall and for specific projects
- Work directly with clients through appropriate, effective written and oral communication
- Proactively develop public relations campaigns/plans through traditional earned media channels
- Continuously learn, stay up to date on trends in public relations and media, leverage for the firm and its clients
- Maintain master PR plans for all clients and PTE
- Cultivate relationships with local, regional, and specific industry journalists; Maintain media list, updating proactively and staying abreast of editor/journalist and publication changes
- Effectively pitch media in all forms (TV, online news and media sources, newspapers, newsletters, blogs, podcasts) to secure positive, appropriate coverage for the firm and its clients
- Ability to leverage alternative communication channels (social media, other) to achieve brand strategies and communications goals, collaborating with other team members as needed
- Execute stakeholder outreach, communication
- Conducts research programs, including surveys and in-person discussions
- Provide client sponsorship/involvement vetting, counsel, and tracking
- Draft and distribute all media communication including news releases, media alerts, calendar announcements, pitches, whitepapers, etc.
- Monitor community events calendars, coordinate with clients as appropriate
- Aid in other writing editing, and proofreading as needed (newsletter, collateral, etc.)
- Responsible for reviewing all media for client coverage and opportunities; produce monthly performance/media coverage reports; analyze results
- Proactively evaluates PR tools, makes recommendations for adjustments or changes as necessary
- Continually seek to optimize PR processes
- Support/aid in the production of marketing plans (outlines, contents, team) and creative briefs
- Proactively participate in marketing execution for clients including executing plans, client coordination, etc.
- Support CRMS with media buys as needed, including research and planning, work with media buyer(s) as needed
- Aid in coordination with all media reps as needed
- Help maintain budget and performance tracking
- Collaborate with other team members and departments for integrated communication/efforts.
- Participate in and provide value-added ideas in quarterly brainstorming meetings (particularly related to PR and marketing concepts) to develop creative strategies for clients
- Other duties as advised by supervisor
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Ethical in all regards
- Minimum 2 years of experience developing and executing effective public relations communications (news releases, community relations, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in marketing
- A bachelor’s degree in communication, journalism, or a relative field
- Proven ability to generate media interest and coverage
- Must have the ability to develop creative concepts and successfully apply them
- Must have a strong command of the English language with equally strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to oversee multiple projects/clients simultaneously
- Effective time management and prioritization
- Self-directed, proactive working style
- Collaborative, communicative working style with tact and consideration for others
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in writing and orally
- Detail-oriented, highly organized
- Proficient in AP style writing
Bonus points if you…
Have a great sense of humor
Are Accredited in Public Relations (APR)
Have experience in restaurant/hospitality, healthcare and/or government communication/marketing
Opportunities for continuous learning including paid professional development
Competitive pay and benefits
Rewarding, intentional company culture
Health (50%), vision, and disability insurance coverage assistance after 90 days
Paid vacation and sick time after 90 days
401k benefits after 90 days
Be part of an award-winning, growing team
Enjoy a flexible work environment and schedule
Join a minority and locally owned and operated firm
Work with a variety of clients and industries, including national brands
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug-Free workplace
PTE employees are skilled, curious professionals and are encouraged to think and work creatively and strive for great, not just good enough. This is a full-time, staff position located in Fort Myers, Florida.
Visit https://www.getpushing.com/about-us/careers/ to apply today!