2010 Local Image Awards Winners
The Southwest Florida Chapter of the Florida Public Relations Association (FPRA) recognized the best public relations, communications and marketing efforts in Southwest Florida during the past year at the 2010 Local Image Awards banquet. The event was held on Wednesday, April 14, 2010 at the Paragon Flight Training Hangar at Page Field in Fort Myers, Fla.
The Local Image Awards competition is conducted annually to recognize outstanding public relations programs in Southwest Florida and to encourage and promote the development of public relations professionalism in our area. Winners demonstrate the very best examples of innovation, planning and design.
The Grand All Image Award, FPRA’s highest honor, was given to Sarah Owen of CCMI (Community Cooperative Ministries, Inc.), Melinda Isley, APR and Lucy Costa of Promotional Incentives for their work on the “NoFood4You” public service program. This project also won an Image Award in its category and a Judges’ Award, for maximizing results with a minimal budget.
Other awards presented:
- Image Award and Judges’ Award: “Power to Share – An LCEC Community Partnership” by Teresa Renkiewicz and the LCEC public relations team
- Image Award and Judges’ Award: “Cat Poo Coffee” by Bennett’s Fresh Roast and Melinda Isley, APR
- Image Award: “The Million Dollar Coupon” by Tina Haisman, APR, CPRC
- Image Award: “Tweet Town Hall ‘Real People, Real Time, Real Policy’” by Cyndee Woolley, APR
- Award of Distinction and Judges’ Award: “Girls Night Out for Blessings in a Backpack” by Samantha Scott
- Award of Distinction and Judges’ Award: “Love that Dress!” by Christin Collins, TLC Consulting and PACE Center for Girls, Lee County
- Award of Distinction and Judges’ Award: “Spend a Night In – Instead of a Night Out” by Kevin B. Lewis and Michelle Phillips of Southwest Florida Addiction Services and Susan Bennett, APR, CPRC of Susan Bennett Marketing and Media, L.C.
- Award of Distinction and Judges’ Award: “POPS POST, Florida Gulf Bank’s Intranet Newsletter” by Phyllis Ershowsky, APR, CPRC, Marie Mosley, APR and Stephen Gray-Blancett
- Award of Distinction: “Lee County Port Authority Crisis Management and Communications Plan” by the Lee County Port Authority
- Award of Distinction: “Celebrate Bonita! Festival 10th Anniversary by Phyllis Ershowsky, APR, CPRC, Marie Mosley, APR and Len Eckert
- Award of Distinction: “March of Dimes – 20th Annual Signature Chefs Auction” by Samantha Scott
- Award of Distinction: “Tyson Chicken Delivery” by Sarah Owen of CCMI (Community Cooperative Ministries, Inc.), Tyson Foods and Melinda Isley, APR
- Award of Distinction: “Terry Wynter Auto Service Center Web Site” by Priority Marketing and Terry Wynter Auto Service Center
- Judges’ Award: “Estero Fire Rescue Budget 2009” by Susan Lindenmuth, Assistant Fire Chief Mark Wahlig and Fire Chief Scott Vanderbrook of Estero Fire Rescue
Event sponsors were AirTran Airways, Paragon Flight Training, Bob Evans Restaurants, the Lee County Port Authority, The Cooper Group, Creative Events & Rentals, Full Circle Productions and Gulf Coast Business Review.
Established in 1938, FPRA is the oldest public relations organization in the country. FPRA is dedicated to developing public relations practitioners, who, through ethical and standardized practices, enhance the public relations profession in Florida.
For additional information on FPRA, please visit the Southwest Florida Chapter Web site at www.fpraswfl.org or the Association’s Web site at http://www.fpra.org/.
Thank you Judges!
We’d like to thank our talented chapter judges for helping us evaluate the CWC Chapter entries. Thanks for taking the time to support the Southwest Florida Chapter with your expertise and keen eye for details!
Kathleen Taylor, APR
Kate Gooderham, APR, CPRC
Carolyn Rogers, APR, CPRC
Kara Winton, APR, CPRC
Laurel Smith, APR
Tina Haisman, APR, CPRC
View pictures from the event!
Also, 2010 Local Image Award photos are available at http://gallery.me.com/paluztv#100091. You can view, download or send to a friend!