The Florida Public Relations Association Southwest Florida Chapter was well-represented at the 72nd Annual FPRA State Conference held August 8-11 at the Naples Grande Beach Resort. Throughout the four-day conference, more than 25 local chapter members attended general sessions, breakout presentations, panel discussions, award programs and networking events.
This year’s conference theme was “The Big Picture: Bringing PR Leadership and Strategy into Focus.” Attendees gained a big picture public relations perspective from authors, professors, consultants and business leaders, including communications specialists from Ford, NASA, JetBlue, SoBe, and North Carolina State University about a variety of topics including social media, strategic planning, writing, crisis communications, transition, and creativity.
Throughout the conference, five local chapter members participated on the conference blog team, providing continuous online coverage: Ginny Cooper, Kerri Goldsmith, Diana Sabino, Kathleen Taylor, APR, and Carla Ulakovic. The conference blog may be found at http://www.fprablog.com/.
At the President’s luncheon on Monday, August 9, the new chapter officers including 2010-2011 President Pamela Nulman, APR, CPRC were installed and Kathleen Taylor, APR, 2009-2010 President of the Southwest Florida Chapter was recognized with two President’s Awards – one for Leadership Development and one for Membership Growth and Retention. On Tuesday, August 10, five chapter members took home a total of 13 awards from the Golden Image Awards, a statewide competition recognizing excellence in public relations, including 7 Awards of Distinction, 3 Judges Awards and 3 Golden Image Awards.
Following is a list of FPRA Southwest Florida Chapter members who received awards:
- Briggs & Rogers Marketing and Public Relations
- Award of Distinction, Institutional Category for Home-Tech
- Judges’ Award, Promotional/Marketing Category for Lee Memorial Health System “Healthy Bonita Estero”
- Golden Image Award , Special Event Category for the Southwest Florida Children’s Charities’ Wine & Food Fest
- Award of Distinction, Website Category for Lee Memorial Health System’s “Healthy Bonita Estero” website
- Lee County Electric Cooperative
- Golden Image Award, Community Relations Category for “Power to Share – An LCEC Community Partnership”
- Lee County Port Authority
- Golden Image Award, Crisis Communications Category for their LCPA Crisis Management and Communications Plan
- Award of Distinction and Judges’ Award, Special Events Category for the 2010 Southwest Florida FPRA Image Awards
- Award of Distinction, Specialty Item Category for their Air Service Appreciation Gift
- Pushing the Envelope
- Award of Distinction, Website Category for their company website
- Susan Bennett Marketing & Media
- Award of Distinction, Promotional/Marketing Category for Physicians’ Primary Care of Southwest Florida “Let Our Family Take Care of Your Family”
- Award of Distinction and Judges’ Award for Southwest Florida Addiction Services’ “Spend A Night In Instead of A Night Out”
Established in 1938, FPRA is the oldest public relations organization in the country. FPRA is dedicated to developing public relations practitioners, who, through ethical and standardized practices, enhance the public relations profession in Florida.